Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Monday 27 August 2012

One on it's way

A few weeks ago on the train back down South to my folk's house I had a flash of inspiration for a new illustration. Not quite sure where it came from, particularly as it has no connection with trains, but perhaps the boredom of a lone train journey sent my imagination into overdrive as it served as decent entertainment in the absence of a good book.
Actually I suppose it was kind of born of an old idea I had to do an illustration which featured manta-rays -  amazing creatures which look like they're flying under water. So that idea became this sketch that i was able to do as the starting point of my image last week:


I'm nearly finished this piece now, so perhaps tomorrow evening it will be done and i can reveal the completed image.
Just got back from a few days away and i'm itching to get stuck back in, so i'm off now to do some more work on it. Not that i'm a work-aholic or anything ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment