Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Design Interest

A couple of weeks ago I was asked to give a talk at a monthly event called Design Interest.
I'd found out about this event a few months ago from Paul Lancaster (http://plandigitaluk.com/) who set up PostOffice. This is a space which used to be occupied by a post office but was vacant for a long time, but now plays host to weekly co-working days and after work networking events for developers, designers and tech start-ups.



Design Interest is on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the PostOffice on Pink Lane, Newcastle. 
Its a free (ticketed) event where anyone with an interest in design of any sort can go along meet like-minded folks and listen to designers from a wide variety of disciplines speak about their work. You can find out more about it on their website here: http://designinterest.com/

I'll admit i was pretty nervous before i got there as i'm crap as giving talks, but it was a great evening.
I learnt loads and met some really lovely and interesting folks. Also listened to a talk on type and calligraphy by Tim Soke which was fab.
I also found out about a very intriguing new tool, the Wacom Inkling which i think could solve a lot of my tendonitis issues and save me a lot of time in the way i work. I'm now desperate to try one out with a view to investing in one.
All in all i really enjoyed it and will definitely try and go again next month. I can highly recommend it to any Newcastle based folks with an interest in design or art.Heres a photo of me giving the talk about my work:


http://instagram.com/p/QSdODXIuDq/


Reet i better scoot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment