Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Quick Draw Tuesday

Sorry i'm running a bit behind this morning so this post is a little late as I planned on getting it up at 10am. Anyway so last Tuesday I laid down the gauntlet to myself and did a quick draw challenge see here. I gave myself 5 mins to draw an object in pen - straight off the bat, with no visual reference.
So from now on i've decided to open this challenge up to other artists, illustrators & doodlers as it seems that i'm definitely not the only one who finds drawing in this way a daunting task.

Heres how it works: Every Tuesday at 10am (give or take a few minutes) i'll reveal the object to draw, which will be selected at random by a 'random word generator', so even I won't know the subject matter until a few minutes beforehand. Then if any of you lovely folks wish to take part, you can draw the object and send it to me as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet.
I'll then post all the submissions (anonymously, unless otherwise asked) at the end of the day 5pm, for the world to see and, in relation to my drawings... laugh at.  No prizes, its just for kicks.

If you want to take part there are 3 rules:
1. You must draw without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. You must draw it in a time limit of five minutes.
3. You must draw it in pen straight off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

Right guns...i mean pens at the ready!!
Today's randomly picked object is:

BRICK

I appreciate that it may only be me who actually takes part, but if you do want to submit an entry then the more the merrier. Check later for the result(s).

2 comments:

  1. These random word generators don't make it easy do they? Hmm...brick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no. Brick is a tricky one, but its do-able...just about

    ReplyDelete