Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tuesday means - Quick Draw

Yay its my favourite blog time of the week - QDC day! If you don't know what that is by now then you've been missing out. Every Tuesday i have a quick draw challenge on my blog. At 10am (or roundabouts) I announce a thing/object/item to draw, which has been selected at random by a 'random word generator' - so even I won't know the subject matter until a few minutes before.
I will then draw that thing/object/item and if any of you lovely folks wish to take part, you can also draw it and send it to me as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet.
I'll then post all the submissions at the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time).  No prizes, its just for fun.

If you want to take part there are 3 rules:
1. You must draw without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. You must draw it in a time limit of five minutes.
3. You must draw it in pen straight off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.
Before we kick off today's challenge, if you're new to this you might want to take a look at some of the last few here, here and here ^__^I'm hoping that like last week i'll get in a few entries so i can post them up along with mine and I won't be all on my lonesome.
So the word of the day as picked by Mr Random Word Maker is:

JACKET
See you later with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment