Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Quick Draw Challenge

Eeek! I can't believe its Tuesday again already! That last week whizzed by.
I have an excuse being late today (well kind of) as i had an appointment at the dentist and i've just got back. However i say "well kind of" because I actually wrote a quick draw post yesterday to put up before going off to the dentists - only I forgot to publish it didn't I. Doh!!
To prove my attempt at being organised heres what i wrote:

I'm early today with the quick draw word as I had to post this up before going off to the dentists for a 9.30am appointment. You see i'm just so committed to the quick draw cause that even a dental appointment won't stand in the way. An appointment which by the way I am dreading as I have a real fear of the dentist. What can I say - i'm a wuss. Any sympathy (genuine or false) will be gratefully received.
Okay i'll stop whining and get on. 

See I tried. Oh well lets begin with the obligatory recap:
Every Tuesday I hold a little drawing challenge on here from 10am (or thereabouts) for myself and any other lovely art folks who would like to take part, whereby a thing to draw is selected at random by a 'random word generator' and there are 3 rules to be followed before drawing can start:

1. You must draw without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. You must draw it in a time limit of five minutes.
3. You must draw it in pen straight off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

I will then draw the thing and if any of you would like to enter you can send me a photo or scan of your drawing as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet. Or if you wish you can tweet me a link to the pic on Twitter.
I'll then post all the submissions at the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time). No prizes, its just for fun.

Today's word is not picked by our random word generator friend as for some reason the site wasn't working, so instead I plucked a word from a load I put in a hat and this is it:

CUTLERY

No comments:

Post a Comment