Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 16 August 2013

Wedding series 3 – Cakes and favours

Yes you heard me right: ‘cakeS’, there were plural.

Originally the plan was that my mum would make the wedding cake, as she was a dab hand in the kitchen, but unfortunately that was not meant to be.
Instead we put the cake bake challenge to my sister Jennifer, my close friend Rachel and Dave’s mum Ruth with the idea of splitting the task & having three different kinds of sugary baked goodness to appeal to different tastes.
They all went above and beyond the call of duty and the result was an amazing cake extravaganza!

Jennifer's 2-part cake feat was festival woodland themed and came complete with Glastonbury backdrop. A delicious Madeira sponge with a white chocolate buttercream filing – YUM!! She stayed at our house a few days before the wedding to prepare it and put in some seriously hard graft.
The use of the Syllvanian Families characters is a stroke of genius.




















 Rachel’s creation was woodland festival inspired. A nut free (as I’m allergic) carrot cake, topped with butter cream and decorated with mint foliage – mmmmmmm! This was surrounded by several flower ‘chocolate pots’ complete with a crumbled Oreo soil. Sadly somehow I missed out on these…too slow.



















Last but not least was Ruth’s very elegant and traditionally styled, wedding fruit cake, decorated with individually cut, white icing flowers.
Dave and I polished the remaining piece off a couple of week’s ago. I’ll admit I’m not usually a fruit cake fan but it was damn fine cake!


















Do you remember I mentioned that my good friend Helen from White Fox a Fortnum and Mason supplier, was providing us with chocolate wedding favours as a gift? Well at the time I didn’t want to give the game away but now I can say that the favours were actually milk chocolate, muddy wellingtons. A seriously talented chocolatier Helen went to all the trouble of creating a left and right boot complete with top buckle and tread. They were awesome! Unfortunately one thing we didn’t consider was that the weather would be quite so hot on that day, so most of the wellies melted in the sun. It was such a shame walking into the marquee & seeing in place of the boxed up wellies little chocolate puddles. Still they were tasty puddles! Luckily I took photos of the samples we were sent pre-wedding:




































Without a doubt the tastiest wellies ever to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment